Our network

Cochran Man In Serious Condition After Curtains Catch Fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Cochran Man In Serious Condition After Curtains Catch Fire
News

A man suffered severe burns and was airlifted to the Augusta Burn Center Wednesday morning after a space heater set curtains on fire at his Cochran home.

Cochran-Bleckley County Fire Chief Glenn Lord says curtains caught on fire around 4:30 a.m. at Marshall Johnson's home. That's at 1073 Highway 87 North.

Lord says the curtains fell on a space heater in Johnson's daughter's room, and he ran in to grab them and try to throw them in the bathtub. He said there was little damage to the home, other than the curtains.

He says Johnson was burned on most of his body from the chest down, and had to be airlifted to the Augusta Burn Center.

Olena Scarboro, spokeswoman for the burn center, says Johnson is in serious condition.

News

Bleckley-Dodge-Pulaski Businesses