BCHS clinches second straight region baseball title | Best Of
A pair of four-run innings blew open what was a close game as BCHS clinched their second straight 4-AA title with a 14-4 win at Lamar County Tuesday. The Trojans had given Bleckley their only region defeat this season. Austin Williams struck out ten including striking out the side to end the game.
In postgame remarks to the team, head coach Brad Davis encouraged the team to enjoy the moment and be happy about winning on the ride home. But he also wanted them to remember how they felt last year after losing at home to Fitzgerald in round one of the playoffs because he didn't want to feel that way again.
Dylan Churchwell was 3 for 4 with a double, triple, and 2 RBI. Cal Young went 3 for 4 with a double and 1 RBI. Caleb Slaughter was 2 for 4 with two-run home run and 3 RBI. Bryant Trice went 2 for 4 with a pair of triples and 1 RBI. Zac Evans was 1 for 2 with an RBI double.
BC plays at Northeast Wednesday. Game time is 5:30 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Bleckley-Dodge-Pulaski
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.