Dodge County's Morgan Places at State | Community Spirit
The Dodge County Grappling Indians recently ended their sixth season on the wrestling mat after another very successful season. Leading the team this year was senior co-captain Will Morgan who finished his fourth and final year as a Grappling Indian. Morgan, whose season record this year stands at 50-8, battled his way through the Area, Eastern Sectionals, and Georgia State Tournaments to earn a 6th place finish in 3-AAA at 126 lbs.
Morgan’s skill on the mat has earned him the school’s all-time win record and he is the team’s only four-time state tournament qualifier and only the second state placer.
Starting his wrestling career as a freshman, Morgan became a quick study on the mat defeating more experienced opponents one after another. He placed at the Area Tournament as a Freshman and Sophomore and became the Area Champion as a Junior and Senior. Morgan leaves a tremendous legacy for future Grappling Indians to work toward. He plans to attend Middle Georgia State College after graduation and hopes to return to the mat as a community coach next season.
Upcoming Events near Bleckley-Dodge-Pulaski
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening
- UPDATE: Equipment outside of Perdue plant catches fire