Bleckley Co. Students Sent Home After Lockdown | Education
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Students at Bleckley County High School were sent home after being on lockdown Tuesday afternoon.
Sheriff Harold Lancaster told 13WMAZ the lockdown started with a tip from a passing motorist on State Highway 126. The driver told authorities they thought they spotted someone carrying a gun near the high school.
School officials took immediate action, Lancaster said, while deputies and Georgia State Patrol troopers created a perimeter to search the area.
"My deputies were on the scene within minutes of the call," he said.
But Lancaster says they found no one. They then switched to helping students get home safely.
An official in the district superintendent's office said that there are no injuries to students or staff.
Upcoming Events near Bleckley-Dodge-Pulaski
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.