BCHS Honors Biology Class experiences Marine Biology at Seacamp | Environment
The Bleckley County High School Honors Biology class recently returned from their annual trip to Seacamp. Students in the class have gone for the past eight years have gone to the camp held at Newfound Harbor Marine Institute in Big Pine Key, Florida.
They visited Key West to see the southern most point in the U.S. At Seacamp, students dissected squid and algae; studied echinoderms and nocturnal marine organisms; waded to an island for a lesson on marine ecology; and even snorkeled Looe Key Reef.
Upcoming Events near Bleckley-Dodge-Pulaski
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening