Girls hold on while another Royals comeback falls short | HS Sports
Alexis Woodfaulk and Tia Troup combined for ten points in a 20-7 third quarter the Lady Royals used to erase a halftime deficit Tuesday at Monticello. BC survived just one fourth quarter basket and missing the front end of consecutive one if one foul shots to win 44-39. Troup had 15. Dewanda Blackshear led with 17.
Down 21 at halftime, the Royals used a 16-6 third quarter to get within 11. Back to back threes by Marquez Pitts cut the deficit to 56-53 with 4:13 left. Bleckley would score just three more points in a 63-56 loss. Marquez Pitts finished with 11. D'Andre Pitts had 22. Shaunkendrick Brown scored 10.
BCHS hosts Northeast Friday. JV boys tip at 4:15 pm with varsity to follow.
Upcoming Events near Bleckley-Dodge-Pulaski
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening
- UPDATE: Equipment outside of Perdue plant catches fire