Royals Advance to Antebellum Classic Title Game | HS Sports
Bleckley had a dog fight on their hands Friday evening in the Antebellum Classic semifinals. Their opponent was the Thomson Bulldogs. The game was a physical affair that saw several hard fouls and a pair of offsetting technicals.
One of those physical plays, an intentional and flagrant foul called on a Thomson player as Rydealous Taylor scored, helped turn the game. Bleckley was down six with under four minutes left. Taylor convered three of four three throws to make it a one-point game. Mario Beck put the Royals ahead ten seconds later.
A lead that grew to five was down to one with less than 30 seconds left but BCHS held on to win 63-60. Beck scored 30. Taylor scored 17. BCHS plays for the championship Saturday at 8:30 p.m. in Milledgeville.
Upcoming Events near Bleckley-Dodge-Pulaski
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.