BCHS Stays Hot in Region with Sweep at Lamar County | HS Sports
Region play continued Friday as BCHS traveled to Barnesville to take on Lamar County. The Royals entered the contest at 4-0 in the region, the Lady Royals 3-1.
Leading 24-20 at halftime, Tia Troup had a pair of three's and Dewanda Blackshear scored six as BC extended to a 43-29 lead going to the fourth. It grew to 20 but the Lady Royals went without a basket over the final four minutes. They still won 53-44. Troup scored 17. Blackshear had 10, all in the second half.
The Royals had a 22-20 lead at halftime. Mario Beck (who saw limited first half minutes due to foul trouble) and D'Andre Pitts had back to back three's as part of a 19-2 run. Up 16 in the fourth, they went on to a 56-37 victory. Beck scored 18 of his 21 in the second half, including the last Bleckley points. Ken Hughes had a season high 17.
BCHS hosts Monticello Tuesday. JV Boys play at 4:15 pm with varsity to follow.
Upcoming Events near Bleckley-Dodge-Pulaski
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening