Lady Royals Advance to Region 4-AA Semifinals | HS Sports
Though not the top seed, BCHS found itself in their best position going into region tournament play in many years. As second seed, they would need just one win to clinch a state playoff berth for the first time since 2008. Standing in their way were the Lady Dawgs of Macon County.
After a 27-point first quater, foul trouble slowed down BC and they led by just ten at halftime. The lead grew to 13 in the third but the Lady Dawgs were within 56-46 going to the fourth. Bleckley scored 41 points, 12 coming from N'yasia Anderson, en route to a 97-58 win.
The 97 points breaks a 93-point outburst against Macon County on January 4. The Lady Royals also reach 20 wins for the first time under current head coach Jenny Manning.
Anderosn finished with 19. Dewanda Blackshear, who picked up her fourth foul in the third quarter, scored 15 of her 28 points in the second half. Tia Troup had 24.
BCHS plays for a berth in the region title game Friday versus Monticello at 4 pm in Cochran. The Royals will play Northeast in the semifinals that evening at 8:30 pm.
Upcoming Events near Bleckley-Dodge-Pulaski
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- International City Optimist Club contributes $3240 to Abba House
- It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas….At The WRPD!
- Chamber honors Karla Smart, RN as Outstanding Employee for November
- Centerville Mall hours announced for Black Friday
- Chamber honors Total Computer Solutions as November Business of the Month