Man Faces Road Rage Charges in Dodge Co. | News
A man is in the Dodge County jail, facing charges after a road rage incident.
Dodge Sheriff's Captain Tony Winborn says 31-year-old Christopher Shane Bryant is charged with simple battery, cruelty to children and disorderly conduct. His passenger was arrested on an unrelated charge.
Winborn says the incident happened Friday morning around 8 a.m. at the intersection of Highway 341 and Old Hawkinsville Road.
According to the report, two teens were riding in a vehicle and passed two men in another vehicle. The men said the teens were making obscene gestures at them. The teens said the gestures were intended for someone else.
Winborn says when the two vehicles stopped at the stop sign, one of the men got out of his vehicle and went to the driver's side of the teens vehicle. He then proceeded to punch the 16- year-old in the face "multiple times."
Winborn says the men fled the scene before deputies arrived, but later went to the sheriff's department and turned themselves in.
The teen's mother took him to the hospital, but his injury did not appear to be serious. No word on his condition.
Upcoming Events near Bleckley-Dodge-Pulaski
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.